Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!

Anyone who knows me, or has at least read my profile, will know that Wayne's World is my #1 favorite movie of ALL TIME! I can literally recite the movie from beginning to end, I've dressed up as Wayne and Garth with a friend for Halloween, and I have most likely seen the movie over 1000 times. The only thing I regret is not being older to have seen it in theater. Well... last night I saw Alice Cooper in concert, and all I could think about was Wayne and Garth meeting Alice Backstage...



"Does this guy know how to party or what! huh? huh? huh... okeee..."

Seriously, this is a Wayne's World dream come true! I have never seen Alice Cooper live before, and I doubted I ever would (considering he is the same age as Mikey's dad!). The show was just what I expected, and more! We got to our seats which were 5 rows up from the right of the stage - excellent - and expected to see an opening act. The lights dimmed, and a huge curtain covering the stage that said "Theater of Death" light up, and then fell down to reveal Alice Cooper himself, decked out in a full leather get up, singing "School's Out". The floor and seats quickly filled in and the place was happening!

Throughout the show, there was an "Itchy & Scratchy" rivalry between Alice and a naughty nurse that included a guillotine, an iron maiden type contraption, hanging by a noose, strangling, stabbing, and other theatric violence that kept the act very interesting, and kept me wondering what was going to happen next! The order of the songs along with the theatrical story was put together perfectly, and I was completely in awe of all the props, costumes, and (of course) the music. I literally smiled through the entire show and sang along to all my favorites (which were most of them)! There was a fantastic mix of older to newer songs, but the only one they didn't play which I wish they did was "Feed My Frankenstein" - for obvious reasons.

All in all, I was very impressed, and would recommend the Theater of Death to everyone!

Party on Wayne! Party on Garth!

No comments:

Post a Comment