Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Grow Grow Grow!

After a few days of rain, a lot more plants are emerging and blooming! Everything is growing in and turning green, and its all just so wonderful! *sigh* This morning it was quite warm out, so I trekked out into the garden - PJ's and all - and took some photos of whats popping up. Now, I'm not exactly sure what all of the plants are, some friends have told me a few, but if you know what any are, please let me know!

*Note* Because the pics are so big (for some reason, they wont be small) the right side of the landscape pictures are cut off, you can click on the photos for the full view.

These might be Giant Tiger Lilies, which are usually orange or yellow!!


This is a type of Lambs Ear, but I don't know what kind.. I don't even know what Lambs Ear is! But it is all throughout one part of my front garden.

I think these look like onions, but a friend suggested that it could be garlic. These are also scattered throughout my flower gardens.

Some type of ground cover in the front garden - its actually quite pretty, and stands up about 6".

Some very cute, and very small blueberry coloured flowers that hang like bells. I don't know what they are called, but they are very adorable!

Some long grass like foliage with last years cut stems. A friend of mine said she has them in her yard, and they are Day Lilies!

Hens and Chicks! I've never seen them before I moved into the house, and a friend pointed them out to me. They didn't just pop up, but you can see some new growth on them already! So cute, and great colours!!!

These look like big parsley leaves! But I have been advised that it is most likely a Geranium. There are a few pouffs of them here and there throughout the vegetable garden, and in the front garden.

Sedum ground cover, a green and red type - the red is called Dragons Blood, oOoOOo. These are found along the North West portion of the property.


A large leafed plant in the front, called Hosta - apparently can be confused with Elephants Ear (I have no idea what either are)...

The Daffodils are getting bigger, and blooming like crazy, and the round leaves to the bottom left are Hollyhocks (hopefully!)

2 comments:

  1. i was wrong about the garlic ,i took a look at mine and it has large flat stems.must be onions.they survive winter,i am not sure how edible the bottoms will be.cut some up in your egg salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mikey ate one yesterday, and they are tasty little shallots! Maybe they will grow bigger, but they are even spectacular right now!

    ReplyDelete