Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Potato Chip Chicken

I'll admit it! We've been a bit lazy on the grocery shopping and got low on food, so I've been getting a bit creative and stretching anything that I can hold on to as leftovers for the next meal. Not the weekend that just passed, but the weekend before, Mikey bought a big bag of ketchup chips that Ashley and I devoured except all the broken pieces in the bottom. I held onto the bag until I figured out what to do with them.

So today, I decided to use the leftover ketchup chips as part of a "batter" on some chicken thighs I was going to cook up on the BBQ! I put the chips into a large zip lock bag, and made sure they were all crushed very small. I added some bread crumbs to make sure I had enough to cover all the chicken. I dipped all the chicken into a beaten egg, and then placed all pieces into the bag of chips, and shook.

As the chicken cooked on low, I boiled up some sweet potatoes that I had chopped up and put in the freezer a month or two ago. Mikey made a Caesar salad, and we went outside to eat! (YAY, SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!!!) Mikey also mentioned that it would be good with a BBQ chips, and I thought it would be yummy with a Doritos! Looks like we have a lot of experimenting to do! So here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment