Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I have to say it was a good day.

Yesterday I bought myself a new (to me) typewriter! It's a Smith-Corona Coronet Super 12! My particular model is from the early 70's, and is in great condition. The guy I bought it from said that his parents bought it for him when he was young so he could type out his school papers. He said that he was sad to see it go, but I can assure him it's in good hands! It needs to be oiled, and then I'll take it for a short story spin. Here is a picture of my newly aquired typewriter, and You Tube video of a similar one in action!



Yesterday was also fun because Mikey and I went to a Ukrainian/Vietnamese wedding! It was very cool, and a lot of heartfelt words were shared - I teared up a few times. I think my favorite part of the night was getting photos taken in a photo booth that they rented! I will eventually scan all the pics, but that wont happen until I find the power cord for my scanner. (I still haven't unpacked anything in the basement...) Instead, I took some photos of the photos just so you can see how awesome they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment