Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fall Is Coming!

It has been so cold this last week, you can feel the nip in the air that is going to start turning the leaves yellow. I walked to work the other day in flip flops, and quickly realized that it was a bad idea! My feet were freezing ALL DAY! Yikes! Today's high is only +10C! Brr! That is fall weather right there, time to bring out the heavy sweaters and winter coats if you ask me! Over the past month I've noticed that there haven't been any new blooms in the yard, and that most of the flowers are starting to die off now, but there are lots of other things that are starting to grow! Take a look:

Cherries! I think they are cherries - they look like cherries!

There are still tons of raspberries!! I don't know what to do with them all! You can go out and pick for an hour, and you wont even be done one row! I've offered to friends to come over and pick some, but it seems like everyone has raspberries!

Rosey Rose hips! I found a recipe from my favorite food site for Rose Hip Jam and Jelly!! If I have enough, I will totally try to make it!

Look at all these apples!!! WOW! I think I'll have a few! LOL I don't know what kind they are, but I have a feeling that apple jelly is in my near future, and maybe yours too - in Christmas gift form!

There are still some sunflowers growing strong, and some that haven't even bloomed yet! They are so pretty and vibrant, and in all different sizes! Here is a big one, and a small one:


My veggies in the greenhouse are coming along well, especially the peppers! The only pepper plants that have put out any fruit is the Carmen pepper plants. They are going to be sweet red bull horn peppers! Mmmm! If I get enough, I might have to make red pepper jelly! YUMMY!!!



My tomatoes are looking alright as well! I don't have as many as the peppers, but there are a few that look promising!



So thats all that has happened for August, not too exciting, but I am excited about my fall harvest! This week I will be checking my beets, carrots, and rutabagas, and maybe my potatoes too! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment