Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A mighty weekend indeed...

Hello! I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend! Thus far, mine has been peachy! On Saturday, Mikey and I went into the city to get a few things done. We wanted to go to Future Shop to price out a new P&S camera, A stereo for my truck, and some other things. I wanted to stop by Michaels and pick up some space themed card supplies for a piece of fan art/birthday card for Liam Lynch. We were also lucky to meet up with a friend for some Vietnamese food for lunch! Mmmm, it's been too long!

Another reason why we were in town was so I could hopefully pick out a new pair of glasses, and then make an eye exam appointment, and to just get the ball rolling so I can get my Learners! Well, after picking out a sweet new pair of glasses, I was surprised that they were able to squeeze me in for an exam only 15 minutes later! Wow, I thought - this is awesome! It makes it so much easier to be able to do it right then and there so we don't have to come back again for the exam, and then again to pick up my new glasses....

I talked to the optometrist about my increasing night blindness, mild headaches after driving, and how I could feel that my eyes changed dramatically after leaving my sit down, on a computer job. Well, I was right, my vision has changed very dramatically in the past 2 years. I think this visit was overdue. After the exam, the sales rep helping me let me know that they had my new lenses in stock, and my new glasses would be ready for pick up in an hour! AWESOME! This saves us even another trip! I was so grateful, and extremely surprised how they went out of their way to get my needs taken care of during the time we were there! So, here is a before, and after:

Before:

After:

I really like the new frames, they make me look so mature and grown up! LOL! These pictures were taken probably within a week of each other, so its a pretty good comparison. I still like my old glasses, but they were just cheap $5 reading glasses that I picked up, and had my lenses put into... So the clear finish on the plastic is starting to peel and get gross - or else I would keep them and make them into some sweet sunglasses! I still might do that... we'll see.

With new glasses in tow, Mikey and I went to the Darwell tractor pulls today! It was actually quite fun! First they started off with lawn and garden tractors, quads, and micro tractors pulling small sleds. Then they brought out antique and modified tractors. Some of them were very intense! There were 2 different sleds, one large, and one small. After the tractors, they brought out the trucks, stock, and modified! Some of them were really done up, and even ready for drag racing, and some were just guys that showed up that wanted to see what they could do in their jacked up trucks. I wanted to take a whole bunch of photos, but the camera was dead... Oops! I did get a few photos... Here are the the ones I got:


An Albertan pirate! Part of the antique pull, there is also a smaller tractor and sled pulling in the back.


Sweet modified tractor pulling the big sled. There were some amazing modified micro tractors pulling the smaller sled too..


Lots of modified, and even stock trucks participated in the pulls. This is the only pic we got of the trucks.


This modified tractor came all the way from Washington - it has 5 engines. One in the middle, and 2 on each side of it. Each one had to be started seperatly. It was so incredibly loud... note everyone covering their ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment