Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

O Summer, where art thou?

Today is Wednesday, but.. it feels like Tuesday, because Monday was a Holiday. Although both Mikey and myself had to work Monday... it still doesn't feel like today is today... weird. Anywho, I've been noticing that these past few weeks have been super mild - weather wise. There have been a few days here and there that have been nice, hot and sunny... but other than the few, our summer has been very ... non summery. It actually feels like fall all the time, because it gets so cool at night! Now... I'm not complaining, I'm just making an observation.

I honestly don't really appreciate the blistering heat, or the freezing cold, so this milder weather is right up my alley. Normally it's nice out during the day. Mornings are a bit brisk, then the sun comes out for the afternoon, and then the clouds roll in during the evening, and there are normally quite a lot of isolated storms, and it rains off and on throughout the night. Some people around town say that this is what the Almanac forcasted, a mild and wet summer. Others have also said that even with all this rain, our water table still isn't close to where it should be. Makes sense, the slough at the farm is dried up.. and I can remember even 2 years ago it had water in it. I actually have a picture of it somewhere.. and birds are sitting in it... *looks* ...OK I can't find it.. But it does exist!

Well, regardless of pictures, I do hope it gets a bit more sunny and the temperature rises for the weekend. I really want to go tubing on the Pembina river! It's very affordable, even if you have a tube or not. For a tube, life jacket, and a shuttle ride, its $18-$22 depending on the size of tube you want. If you have your own tube, shuttle service is only $6! (That's cheaper than a cab ride!)

No comments:

Post a Comment