Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I can't believe it's almost August!

This last month has gone by so incredibly fast! It seems that almost everyday I can go out into the garden and find something new that has bloomed, even my house plants are doing their growth spurt right now! Its such an amazing feeling to see the life around me grow and change, even the kitten I got is getting huge! ... I guess I forgot to tell you, I've been so caught up in the garden!

Mikey and I got a kitten from a friend. We named her Frankie! She's only 2-3 months old! We think she is a Himalayan or Rag doll. Shes very active, and likes to hang out with the dog. In the mornings she likes to cuddle up around your neck. Then when my other cat is around, she wants to play, but my cat isn't very appreciative of the new kitten, so she normally hides or goes outside.


There have been a lot of amazing things blooming in the garden this month, here is a taste:









These are just a few, there are a lot more on the Rustic Gardens Facebook Page!
I also picked a few veggies to see how far along they had come... so far I have baby carrots, baby beets, medium rutabagas, and large radishes! Sounds like a yummy salad to me! OH and Raspberries!



AND.... I have a little tomato that is finally starting to grow! Its a "Lemon Boy". It will be a yellow slicing tomato!


This weekend we have a wedding to go to, and we have family to visit. Then, July will be gone forever, until next year!

2 comments: