Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

I feel great!

Hello all again! I hope you are having fantastic weekends! I just felt so great this morning when I woke up that I had to write about it! This is just a brief update about my weight loss, but I will do an actual month end update at the end of the month. So far tho, I have lost 15 of the 20 pounds I want to loose for this year. That brings me to 205lbs! My weight loss didn't actually begin until April - so I'm averaging 3-4 pounds a month. Now I'm ready to make it 5lbs a month.

I just needed to tell you about some great things I've noticed... number one - My double chin is... disappearing! WOW! Now - I've always had a double chin, and probably always will, but the massiveness of it is going away! When I touch my neck, I have to reach a little further it seems.. Haha! That sounds funny, but it's a great feeling! Even when I look in the mirror, I can see how my face has changed shape! Not only the shape of my face looks nicer, but my skin actually looks better! My acne is clearing up, and my complexion looks a lot more healthier - glowing almost! Maybe thats because I'm happy too.

Another thing is clothing... my shirts all fit differently! They are getting a little baggy in my mid section, which is where I hold most of my weight! That also means my pants are getting a little baggy - especially around my thighs! Holy, even my boss noticed that my pants are literally starting to hang off me. Awesome! I guess I'll have to start throwing them in the dryer to shrink them back up! I had to buy a belt at the beginning of the month, and I have already had to go in another notch! Excellent!

With any weight loss I've had in the past, I've always noticed that my bras would get a bit big because my boobs would get smaller - but not so far this time. The only thing I've noticed about my bras is that they are fitting better around the ribs, and maybe even a bit loose sometimes. This means less back fat!! But thank god my cup size hasn't changed... HAHA!

Along with clothing fitting better, so are my shoes, especially flats, since they seem to be a bit more narrow! I was noticing last winter that I was even going into size 9 shoes, when I normally wear a size 8. I've pulled out some of my shoes from last year, and they are all fitting well again... too bad summer is almost over and I cant wear some of the cute shoes I have.. Oh well, I can now go shopping for new fall and winter foot wear! WOO HOO! Not to mention, It's so amazing to be able to do things around the house without my ankles or legs aching constantly. Weight gain is so hard on the body... I never want to be in pain like that again! Unless I'm pregnant or something...

I have SO much energy! The other night I was watching TV or something, and I just couldn't sit still. It was like I was all pent up, and had to go for a run! So instead, I went downstairs and dusted off the elliptical. After 15 minutes on one of the easier settings.. that thing literally kicked my butt! But now I'm totally in the groove, and will be doing at least 15 minutes on the elliptical every second night. I used it again last night, and it wasn't as bad. That 15 minutes might become 20 very soon!

I don't want to say that I look at food differently now, but I do put more thought into what, AND where I eat. Ive noticed this past month, that if I eat out anywhere, I normally get an upset stomach from it.. I don't know why. I haven't eaten at a fast food place in so long - this is just sit down places like Boston Pizza, etc. Maybe its not all that different. But even if I were at a fast food place, I probably wouldn't be able to eat there unless they had a salad or something, because the heavy greasy foods make me feel SO GROSS! Not to mention I'll be running to the bathroom 10 minutes later - Yuck!

I've been keeping the meals pretty simple actually. Piece of fruit, granola bar, and maybe a yogurt or something for breakfast. Sandwich or bagel and veggies or fruit for lunch, and then whatever Mikey or myself makes for dinner. And of course, a small snack for dessert... I can't deny myself that! I've noticed a significant change in the portions I'm eating, and how easy it is for me to get full! That may also be part of eating better, more filling foods. I've cut pop almost completely out of my diet - unless I have no choice, or make a glass of my raspberry syrup and ginger ale, Mmmmmm!! Pop actually tends to upset my stomach, maybe its the carbonation. I think thats one reason why I cant really drink beer - my tummy always hurts after.

There are more positive changes that I have been seeing, these are just the more prominent ones. I will tell you all more about them when I write my month end update!

Have a great weekend everyone! And I have the weekend off, so I'll see about posting an update about the garden too... lol

2 comments:

  1. Woo! Congrats! :] That is truly an accomplishment! Keep up the great work Leane! I went to the gym for the first time in a few months this past week, I was so sore I had to waddle around for a few days! Eeep! It was worth it {I think} but if I keep going back and keep up with my changes in diet I'm hoping to lose all this weight I gained in college! Point being... we're in the same boat haha

    ReplyDelete