Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

What kind of Tulip is THIS?!?!

There are a few spots in my garden that have some great full growth of what looks like will be tulips and day lilies. Well, yesterday I noticed that one finally opened!! but it doesn't look like any kind of tulip I've ever seen! Take a look (click for full view):


Its a beautiful flower with bright solid orange petals, and a yellow center! Its so pretty, but I don't think it's a tulip! Its about a foot and a half tall, and has a blue-y green foliage like the rest of what I think are tulips, compared to the bright green foliage that you see in behind it in the photo - which I think will be day lilies. So, if anyone knows what they are, let me know!! There are some other things that have made their debut recently as well, here are a few:


OoOoOOooo, pretty blossoms on a tree outside of our kitchen window! This has been Bee central for the past week or so. Its kind of scary to walk past, all you hear is an orchestra of Bzzzzzz. Its super fragrant, and smells delicious. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but here is a picture of the entire thing:


I found this little guy on the North side of our house, a cute little fern of some type! I cant wait to see what he looks like when he is all unraveled! There are also a bunch of smaller ferns on the west side of our yard, in the rock garden, but he is the tallest so far. I should name him...


... how about ElFernZo?!?!

*EDIT*

Apparently I've been concentrating on looking down too much, and didn't even notice the beautiful pink bush in my front yard! *GASP!* How could I have missed this?!?! Not sure what kind of bush it is, but it's so amazing. The light pink flowers and deep pink buds are such a great contrast to all the green around it!


While I was in the yard just now, I also decided to check on a group of what I thought would be tulips, because they all had huge flower buds ready to bloom - and after the first one blooming and not being what I expected, I thought I would check.... Well, looks like they are "true" but small tulips! Bright orange like the other one, but with the black inside! they are very tiny, and super cute!!!


*SIGH* so pretty, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings me!

No comments:

Post a Comment