Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Sketchbook Project!

A couple weeks ago, I was reading a blog about a sketchbook project, and it caught my interest right away! This has got to be one of the coolest things I have read about all year! If you enjoy drawing, sketching, or just want a project for the rest of the year, I suggest you check this out:

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

I ordered a sketchbook online, and got to choose a theme, and a cover colour. I actually decided to let them pick the theme for me - mine is "The view from up here". Then, it was mailed to me, and I received it today! I have until January to fill it up with drawings, doodles, and paintings, or anything that goes along with my theme. Of course the theme can be interpreted any way you wish.

Once its all filled up, I mail it back, and it becomes a part of a permanent art collection at an Art Library in Brooklyn. Before it finds a spot at its permanent residence, it goes on a tour across the USA so that visitors can view all the handmade sketchbooks. The coolest part is that the sketchbooks can be signed out just like library books, and every time yours is taken out, you get an email or text advising you so.

As I add to my sketch book, I will scan my pages and share them with you! I would advise you all to join this awesome art project, and also share your creative side with the world!

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment