Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's for dinner?

Yesterday I made a quiche! I've only ever made small ones - tart sized. This time, I made my very first family sized quiche - 2 of them actually! I got the inspiration from one of my favorite food websites HERE. I think that everyone should know about this site. It's awesome, and always inspires me to try something new!!

I've never made pie crust from scratch before, and to be honest- I was nervous... So I bought a brick of pastry lard (that sounds gross... shortening in other words) and just followed the recipe on the back. It was actually really easy - even Mikey helped me! I made my crust the night before so that I could refrigerated it over night, and roll it the next day before dinner. The pastry recipe made enough for two quiches, and I added local bacon, mushrooms, cheese, and humongous green onions from the garden!


I'm so impressed with myself, because not only did I make a quiche (two) but it tasted SO GOOD!!! One is already gone! I had a little bit of dough left over from cutting the crust, so I rolled it out and cut it into 4 equal pieces. I put them into these little mini dishes I have, and lightly filled them with some raspberries I picked from the garden earlier in the day, some frozen blueberries, a drizzle of real maple syrup, a teaspoon of local honey, and a pinch of light brown sugar! Mmmm, they were REALLY good! I didnt know if i was going to get a picture, cause I just wanted to gobble it down!

3 comments:

  1. OMG,that quiche looks so good.I added the recipe site to my faves so I can try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was seriously so delicious. We ate what was leftover from last night as breakfast this morning. Now to see how long the second one lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wont last long now that I know about it!

    ReplyDelete