Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My crazy neighbor...

Back in April, I wrote a blog about how I met one of my new neighbors, and how they threatened to shoot my dog. Now that I have lived and worked in town for a while, I have heard other things about this man to solidify my original suspicions that this man is crazy. Here is my own personal example:

After the incident with the dog, I called the Police the next day and advised them about what had happened. I told the Officer everything that happened, and it was all the truth. She said that I had 2 options at that point. That I could charge the man with uttering threats, or I could allow her to give him a call, and find out his side of the story. Because we were so new to town, I didn't want to stir things up too much, and allowed the Officer to give him a call, and find out what he has to say. When she called me back, I was a bit surprised to hear that he stated that he was terrified of dogs. I mean, if its true, then fine. But it didn't seem right to me. The officer also told me that she advised him that he cant make threats or else he could be charged, and reminded him that if he sees an animal in his yard, to call animal control.

Now, it has been a while since this has happened, and I haven't seen him for a couple months. Just recently however, I have seen him out and about, tending to his yard work, and whatnot - but only because I walk to work, and have to walk past his house - although I do cross the street. Normally I see him with his leaf blower, blowing the dirt and gravel off of the road in front of his house... Why? Who knows! (He's crazy, remember?)

Today I work a closing shift at work so I dont leave until the afternoon for work, and during the day, I like to tie the dog up outside so he can have some fresh air, and chew on his bone. Around 10:30 this morning, the dog started barking like crazy, and normally, when someone pulls into the driveway, the dog barks like crazy... So I went to go see who was here - but no one was. I walked outside, and all I could hear was a weed eater... The crazy neighbor was whacking my weeds!

Mikey just finished cutting the lawn the other day, and here is the crazy neighbor cutting the strip of grass between the lawn and the curb... The dog is going crazy!! Then I hear the weed eater die off, and the crazy neighbor is actually barking back at my dog! (yeah, I'm so sure he's terrified, or else he wouldn't have come near my lawn knowing that we have a dog, and he definitely wouldn't be mocking or teasing it) He cant see me of course, because the front porch is secluded by the large tree out front, but I can see him. (I should have taken a picture... shoot!)

I really wanted to walk over to him and tell him to get the Eff off of my property, but with a weed eater in hand - I'de rather keep my distance. he finally walked back, but came back once again with a lawn mower, to mow out the same edge. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish, but coming from him - I don't appreciate it. I don't know if I should call the police again, and ask the officer to give him a call and let him know that he shouldn't be on my property, or what.

What would you do?

5 comments:

  1. get another dog, a big scary one, and leave it outside all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely do not want a fence, it would be way to expensive... and besides, the fence wouldn't stop him from cutting the grass along the street. I just need to get the point across that he is not welcome on my property...

    Once I do that, then I'll let that grass grow out so long, and he'll have to drive by it every day... hahaha, well, we'll see.

    I'm going to talk to a friend that used to live next to him first and see what she has to say about it. I may still call the police about him coming onto my property and taunting my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something weird that some other people may not know is that this neighbour isn't her direct neighbour... There's a house (or a couple) in between him and her!
    I think if he does it again you, Mikey or a cop should tell him that although trimming your grass may be a act of kindness, it's still not welcome.
    Psych-ooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with you Ash, thats what we are thinking about doing.

    ReplyDelete