Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

To count, or not to count...

That is my question... I have been juggling the idea of joining Weight Watchers for a while now, so that I can learn more about healthy eating (portioning, and healthy choices). I am still at 205lbs which is a total of 15 lbs lost on my own - but my eating habits are still pretty horrible (yet not as bad as they used to be!!). I know for a fact that I am an emotional eater, and sometimes I just indulge. But I think it would be handy to know what my cut off point should be.

I'm not completely clueless about portioning/serving size, good food vs. bad food, but I still don't know everything I feel I should, and a little information never hurt! This is what the website says about their point system incase you are not familiar with it:

"Not all foods are created equal-POINTS® values help you choose

By aiming to meet a daily POINTS Target customized for your needs, you’ll learn to eat the right amount to stay satisfied and still lose weight. POINTS values will help you make the best choices to keep you on track. So you can take your mind off numbers and get back to your life."


Mmmm, omelette's! ...... .... ... So in other words, you still get to eat what you want, but you get to see how many points each of your favorite foods are, and in turn, might start making healthier choices. I also like the idea that I can do it online, and I've seen lots of reference and recipe books for weight watchers as well! Some friends of mine even said that I could look everything up online, and then I wouldn't have to pay to use the program... I'll have to look into that.

Another friend of mine and I have also been thinking about joining Curves, a women's only gym that has a circuit of workout equipment set up for a complete body workout in 30 minutes. This is what their website says:

"Burn up to 500 calories with our 30-minute workout, which combines strength training and cardio for a workout that works your entire body, from head to toe. It works every major muscle group and gives you results that last. You also get the total support of our trainers."

This would be ideal, because staring at the basement walls while running on the elliptical all winter has already started to get boring, and once the snow falls for the next 6 months, I will probably need another way to get some exercise. So it seems I have a few options, it's just a matter of looking more into it, and seeing what I can afford.

Have any of you had any luck with either of these companies/programs? I'd like to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment