Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Being Thankful!

It's (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend! Today I have decided to introduce something new that I want to continue, let me explain...

A while back I stumbled upon this womans blog who was doing a project, where she would write out 10 little miracles she was thankful for each day until she had 1000! And I mean the little things!! I wish I still had a link to her blog so that I could share it with you, but it was so long ago, and I can't even remember the name of it! Either way, I have been thinking about doing something similar myself for some time now... And what a better time to start - Thanksgiving!

So today, I am going to share 10 little miracles that I am thankful for. I wont be able to share 10 every day, but at least once a week!!! I don't know if I will necessarily stop at 1000, but thats a good goal for now!



This week I am thankful for:

1... the steam that twirls and dances off of my skin after a hot shower.

2... the way the leaves that are left on the big tree in the front yard shimmer in the wind while the sun is shining on them.

3... hot sauce on a fried egg.

4... the tangy zip from my home grown, vine ripened, Lemon Boy tomato on my sandwich.

5... the smell of maple, pumpkin, and spice that is wafting through my home.

6... the feeling after following your instinct.

7... colour, on water, on paper.

8... the blunt separation between cloud and sky in the horizon.

9... the slow crunch of leaves beneath the kitties paws.

10... window photosynthesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment